A Little Background about our Project
Our Mission: to preserve the rural heritage of Madison County and surrounding areas through the documentation of the historical barn building traditions and the barns they represent.
The ABA is registered to solicit donations in the state of NC. “Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license are available from the State Solicitation Licensing Branch at 888‐830‐4989. The license is not an endorsement by the State”. Contact us for information about other states.
- RE-INVENTED GUIDED BARN TOURS: You pick a date. You drive your own car safely, socially-distanced from the tour guide. Same 3 hour-length for $45. Just call to arrange a date. 828 380-9146 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- PASTORAL PALETTE RESIZED for 2020 October 4 through 31: 2nd Annual Benefit Art Exhibit– “Pastoral Palette: “Rural Spaces for the Soul” — October 4th through 31st. Click here for details. Buy art online or visit Studio #234 in Riverview Station, 191 Lyman Street, Asheville. Studio hours: Sundays Noon to 4pm; Mondays 10am to 5pm; Tuesdays through Saturdays 2pm to 5pm
Madison County, North Carolina, has a rich agricultural history. The county’s place in the production of burley tobacco is well known, but there are other ways to explore and record our agricultural history. One of the most interesting ways to do this is to tell the stories of the barns and outbuildings scattered throughout the county. Learn more about the beginning of our organization and the people who are working to save this history.
Listen to an interview (from wART streaming radio) with Taylor Barnhill about Historic Barns
Listen to an interview (from wART streaming radio) with Taylor Barnhill about the Tobacco Barns
How You Can Help
- Join our efforts. Email us at email@example.com or call (828) 380-9146
- Become a member ($20 for Individual, $30 for Family, $50 for Friend, $100 for Patron (or Business Supporter), $200 for Benefactor, $500 for Super Supporter, and $1000 for President’s Circle) by mailing your check with your address and email information to ABA, PO Box 1441, Mars Hill, NC 28754
- Make a contribution to the Appalachian Barn Alliance (Mail to PO Box 1441, Mars Hill, NC 28754)
- Provide us with information about your historic barn in Madison County. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (828) 380-9146
Cutting Boards & Napkin Rings & Appalachian Butter Knives made from Tobacco Sticks FOR SALE